Filed under: Uncategorized
But this reminded me of my longstanding bloggy tradition (going back even to other fake personalities besides this one) to list the Best Films Of The Year (That I Have Seen). So without further ado, and with a little help from IMDB’s advanced-search feature, here’s the list for 2010:
Best Films Of 2010 (That I Have Seen)
Let’s just go ahead and list all of them. Ordering – best to worst.
- Toy Story 3 – Fantastic.
- How To Train Your Dragon – Surprisingly good.
- Kick-Ass – I keep saying I’m not a fan of comic-book movies, and then I keep liking them. (See also, Iron Man 2)
- Tangled – A not-bad-at-all and sometimes-very-nice Disney CGI cartoon.
- Iron Man 2 – (See also, Kick-Ass)
- The Book Of Eli – Kinda works but basically feels like a made-for-Sci-Fi-channel TV movie.
- Alice In Wonderland – Ok but forgettable.
- The Runaways – A mixed bag.
- The Crazies – Don’t remember why I watched this neo-zombies movie. Maybe because of Timothy Olyphant from Deadwood & Justified. But it was actually ok.
- Shutter Island – Whatever. I am tired of Martin Scorsese movies with Leo Dicaprio.
- Inception – Not great.
- The Expendables – Disappointingly bad.
Hmm, that took longer than I figured, when I started it I expected it to be like 4 movies. Looking at the above here’s a simple algorithm for figuring out whether I’ve seen a movie – just decide whether the answer to any of these is ‘yes':
Is it a CGI kids’ cartoon? Is it a comic-book adaptation? Is it a rock biopic? Does it have Stallone, Denzel, Olyphant, or someone else manly? Or (conversely) does it have Leonardo DiCaprio?
I think that covers it.
6 Comments so far
Leave a comment