Thoughts I Had While Watching Sucker Punch
September 25, 2011 3 Comments
The grrl-power CGI fest by Zack Snyder who made 300 and Watchmen.
(Complete list. There weren’t all that many.)
- Hey, this beginning is kinda like the story of the ‘Janie’s Got A Gun’ video. But not as good.
- What a shame about Donnie Darko’s girlfriend.
- Ironically, I suspect the only thing I don’t like about Bjork’s music is Bjork’s singing voice.
- This all seems like the sort of thing a gay person would assume a straight person would find sexy.
- Do I have to watch this whole thing or can I stop after the first two action sequences and still claim to have ‘seen’ it?
- If you could go back in time and show this movie to people from at >30 years ago, would they (a) be blown away or (b) lynch you?
- I’m kinda glad they’re not actually making us watch her supposedly ‘amazing’ dance routines. At least there’s that.
All in all a pretty sad experience.