Google Reader Purge
June 9, 2012 3 Comments
- When Ezra Klein (absolutely 100% correctly, IMHO) poo-poos the idea of there sometimes being something called a ‘mandate’ for a President, I mostly interpret it to mean that Ezra Klein is worried that President Obama will not win re-election.
- Cobb, Reiteration of My Biggest Props to Obama.
- From time to time people rediscover the fact that Paul Krugman likes science fiction, in particular Asimov’s Foundation and it gets creepier and sadder each time I read about it. Little Pauly Krugman in his Long Island bedroom, dreaming of being Hari Seldon, and that’s why he became an…economist. He’ll show everyone! I just…want to cry.
- Punk rock reviews by a four year old is my new favorite site. HT Dr. Frank
- Simon Grey, He Who Pays The Bills Makes The Rules
- When Cross Pollinator asks Would it be inaccurate to say that the only thing that makes the stock market go up right now is the whiff of a possibility of a future hit of bailout crack?, it’s hard to say anything but no. Of course in such situations, traditionally we don’t just blame the junkie to the exclusion of blaming (as I do) the dealer who provided the initial hit.
- On ‘aid’. HT Kids Prefer Cheese
- Half Sigma deserves credit for identifying the low-class status of the Palins, and why it would be a political liability, early on, I think. Of course I would prefer (at least some) low-class representation in the political class to the homogeneous monopoly of Smart People we always seem to get, but he’s got a point.
- South Bend Seven: ‘I don’t think Austermuhle understand what “capitalism” and “socialism” mean. Capitalism is not “a system where supply and demand exist.” That’s all systems.’. Thank you.
- Can I use my newly-purchased holding of BWCGTFBCWT 17.01 as collateral to purchase some Ponzify shares on margin?