Romney’s Convention Speech: The First Fact-Checking
August 30, 2012 16 Comments
In a landmark here at RWCG, Inc., our staff has managed quite the coup: we have scored the first official Fact-Checking of Mitt Romney’s speech at the Republican National Convention. You will no doubt see many hundreds if not thousands of other Fact-Checkings, but never forget who was first! Let’s get right to it…
1. CLAIM: Mitt Romney should be made the next President of the United States.
THE FACTS: Barack Obama still has one term to go and still wants to be the President.
2. CLAIM: Barack Obama has done a subpar job of managing the executive branch and does not merit a second term.
THE FACTS: That’s racist; Barack Obama is a black man. Also, as if that weren’t enough, George W. Bush was the previous President, which made literally everything terrible in such a way that no acts or decisions of a President in the subsequent four years can be held responsible for any bad outcomes.
3. CLAIM: Mitt Romney loves his wife and children.
THE FACTS: Mitt Romney’s wife and children all seem like a bunch of spoiled, wealthy white people. Also, there is a notable lack of diversity among them.
4. CLAIM: It would be a good thing if somewhat conservative, Republican-oriented polices were put in place.
THE FACTS: No, it wouldn’t. Those policies, if carried out consistently, are inadequately socialist.
5. CLAIM: America is a great country.
THE FACTS: America is a terrible country that has done irrevocable harm to humanity, the earth, and the universe. In theory its wickedness runs so deep that it deserves to have Barack Obama continue to be its President forever, if that were possible.
OVERALL SCORE: PANTS ON FIRE
Shame on you Mitt Romney. Shame.